Workout Safety Guidelines
FIGHT-YOURSELF-FIT is a physically demanding workout
This is NOT for individuals with hand or wrist injuries, or any medical condition that may be compromised by hitting the bag, cardio or strength exercise. Not all exercises are suitable for everyone.
Please consult your doctor before beginning this program,
– You have any any pre-existing wrist or hand injuries.
– You have any other pre-existing conditions.
– You are taking medication of any kind.
– You are suffering from injury or illness, or are feeling unwell.
– You are pregnant.
– You have not exercised in a long time.
The creators, producers, and distributors of the program do not accept responsibility for any injury or accident incurred as a result of following this program.
By downloading / following this video you assume responsibility for your own safety, understanding and accepting all risks involved with training.
Always warm up! Stop at any time if you have to, never exercise beyond your current fitness ability. Take a drink if you need one.
10 Things to Remember Before You Start the Workout
1. Put your wraps or gel wraps on & make sure your gloves are nearby.
2. Have a drink of water at the ready.
3. Check you have all the equipment you need, skipping rope and hand weights (if needed).
4. Don’t skip the warm-up or warm-down, they are important.
5. During the shadow boxing, make sure you keep your punches light and fast and don’t over-extend your elbow.
6. When you first start, don’t get carried away on the bag with hard punches, keep your punches light and concentrate on your technique.
7. Remember to clench your fist when you make contact with the bag. Forming your fist before landing the punch prepares your wrist for the impact and helps prevent injury.
8. Remember to keep your guard up when you are not punching – when you are punching remember to keep your free hand up to protect your face.
9. If you are finding the rest time too quick, simply pause the workout and wait until your heart rate has come down.
10. If at any time your wrists, hands or knuckles hurt, it is imperative that you stop hitting the bag, finish the workout shadow boxing instead – don’t use the bag again until your wrist, hands or knuckles have completely recovered.